What colors from mixed Silkie trio?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by foxinachickenhouse, May 14, 2011.

1. foxinachickenhouse

foxinachickenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Oregon
    Here they are. Gray roo with a blue partridge hen and a buff hen. The hens are sitting now and due to hatch the 19th. I am hoping some experts will weigh in on what colors may hatch out. [​IMG] I was expecting grays and partridges from the first pairing...but I really have no clue. Am thinking the chicks from the buff hen may just be smutty buffs?

Any expertise is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:It will be like christmas morning you won't know till the wrapping comes off...LOL They will be beautiful anyways.

3. foxinachickenhouse

Apr 8, 2010
    Oregon
    It is going to be so much fun to see what comes...One question though. What is protocol for naming colors to buyers in this situation? Should I call chipmunk chicks partridge and gray/black chicks gray? Or will they likely be just mottled mix types that I should just say are mixed colors? I hope this isn't too much of a dumb question. Total newbie to hatching. Thanks!

4. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't help, but I wanted to say that I love your roo. [​IMG] He looks like he'll make a proud Papa.

5. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:I would say assorted mixed colors.

6. foxinachickenhouse

Apr 8, 2010
    Oregon
    thanks... assorted mixed colors seems a fair assessment...and fun. I am sure I'll be posting chick pics to get some help Id'ing colors when the time comes. The 19th is the day for the first set, the 30th for the second. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by