What colors is the baby bunnies

Looks maybe broken blue, but hard to tell depending on breed and what colors the parents could be carrying. Also the picture is rather fuzzy. And as for the munchkins, it's too early to tell. You can make lots of guesses, but usually won't know for sure until they're furred out a bit more :)

here is the Sire and Dam for both

for the first pic here is the Dam she is a brokem black

the Sire he is a blue Siver Marten

and for the 2 youngest ones the Dam is a Chin

and for the Sire he is a Smoke Pearl

#1 looks like a broken blue. I agree, it's not the best pic; but I don't think I am seeing the lighter inside to the ear or light eye ring that would indicate a tan pattern.

The other two are trickier. With those parents, the white could be a REW, but it could also be a Himi. The dark points often don't show up until the babies are a bit older. Does the black one have a white belly? If not, then it can't be a chin.

But, may I offer you a piece of advice? Chin x Smoke Pearl is a really bad idea. There are some unshowable color possibilities there that can be rather confusing. For example, if the black baby has a dark belly, it could be a black self, or it could be a self-patterned chin. A self chin may or may not have grey eyes, but its coat is always going to be not quite as black as a true black self. With grey eyes, such an animal would be DQ'd for wrong eye color. With brown eyes, it may be marked down for poor color, or (if the judge really knows his colors, and is really picky) it could get DQ'd for being an unshowable color. Another possibility would be Agouti-patterned Siamese Sables. Those look a lot like Chins; in fact, you might have to put one next to a true Chin to note the difference. Once again, a judge who knows what he's looking at would put it off the table as an unshowable color. IMO, it's better not to risk the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom