What colour are my new Polish chicks please!!!!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by teresa-78, Jan 28, 2011.

1. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    I am not sure where to put this thread, hope I have the right place..

Could you all take a look at my 1 day old polish chicks, and give me ideas on their colours, I am not great at all with naming the colour of chicks so all your help is appreciated, I have put above each picture what I think they may be, but like I said I am not great [​IMG]

1# (maybe a white)
    [​IMG]

2# (maybe just black)
    [​IMG]

3# (Chamois maybe?)
    [​IMG]

4# (some sort of blue??)
    [​IMG]

2. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    I believe you scored 100%!!!!!

3. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:I should have faith in myself [​IMG] Ty very much [​IMG]

4. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    #4 might be buff laced

5. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:Hiya, Buff laced is a chamois, or am I wrong, I usually am lol... Or can you get a blue buff laced???

6. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Well, I had a blue crested polish, she had very nice lacing..? Good luck and BE-AUT-I-FUL!

7. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:That sounds lovely... my favourate colouring I must admit is blue... [​IMG] And thanks, they are even fluffier today, must get some newer pictures, to show them off better [​IMG]

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    . . . . Chamois? Polish come in Chamois in England? What do you call Chamois?

I think you're right though, but the whites look Buff Laced. Whites are whiter, Buff Laced have a more yellow tinge.

9. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Since you are on the other side of the pond....
    I am not sure how common whites are there. The light colored ones look to be Buff Laced or White. The darker ones look like maybe Silver Laced? Although the last one IS more blue, but there again, not sure if you have solid blues over there? That is the tough thing about trying to figure out varieties between here and over there in Europe, you guys have quite a few more options that we do in some breeds.
    Good luck.

10. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:Hiya, Chamois is just another name for buff laced, you call them buff laced, we call them chamois.

The only reason I thought #1 was white was due to its very pink legs, and beak..... #3 chamois (buff laced) was the tanned tinge to its legs and beak.
    But no matter they are still so darn cute...... watching some silver laced eggs on ebay at the minute [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by