What colour are these silkie chicks?

Tricoglossus

Songster
11 Years
Mar 15, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
These 4 silkie chicks are 1 week old. Two of them are definitely white. One of the others has a faint stripe along its back, the other is pale grey with a cream/yellow head. What colour are the other two likely to be? Thanks.

Above: The two white chicks on the right.

Above: Pale grey chick on left, one of the white chicks on the right.

UPDATE: Here is the chick which had the stripe on its back. It has mostly white feathers coming through, however it has just sprouted some reddish brown feathers on the underside of its neck (see pictures). Any idea what colour this one is now? Or could it simply be a poor quality white silkie? Thanks! (about 4 weeks old now)

Last edited:
I don't think so because the rest of the plumage is growing through as pure white. Perhaps it's some buff leakage? I have also posted in the silkie breeding section of the forum so I am hoping to hear something there.

Silkies are great aren't they! What colours did you get? I had a few replies on the silkie forum, someone thought it was buff leakage, another thought that it will grow out as the bird matures and it will eventually be a white bird. Will have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom