What colour do you think this will be?

ImAussie

Chirping
Apr 15, 2021
Australia
3A41C44A-F1F7-4E51-8655-0A1BC2B81854.jpeg
FA666F6F-C74F-431D-9EBB-7BDF5B5C3EDE.jpeg

Marble is approx 3.5-4 weeks old Araucana (British araucana, different to American guidelines for the breed) (and if s/he is in fact just Easter egger I’m not sad about it).

I’m just wondering what colour this is? I was thinking at first it was blue, or maybe lavender, but as the feathers are getting longer there’s definite striping going on. The feathers are starting to come through on his/hear fluffy head too, also the darker grey/blue as the rest of the wings and body.

Do I need to wait for the next moult to get a better idea? Or does this give a reasonable indication of what s/he is approximately going to look like?
Marbles sister/brother (Fluffy) was all yellow down, growing through all white so far, with just 1 pale grey wing feather
A1AEDD6A-0B64-4914-8390-986C706EF238.jpeg

:welcome

I agree that it does look rather striped—it looks barred but rather more diluted than your typical black/white barring. Could it be a sort of blue barring? I’m not very well-versed in the specifics of chicken colors and am not familiar with the British Araucana. Whatever it is, s/he is lovely!

I will add that it can be tricky with certain color patterns to get a good idea of what the final feathering will look like until they are several weeks older. So s/he may not look exactly the same later on.

Thank you, It'll be interesting to see how s/he turns out! Same deal for Fluffy to see if s/he turns out mostly white or something else. Seems I have a bit of a surprise on my hands 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom