What colour is my D'uccle?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SilkieChickStar, May 8, 2016.

1. SilkieChickStar

SilkieChickStar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2016
    Any ideas? Please and thank you very much :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    That's not a D'Uccle. It appears to be a cuckoo Marans (I think I see pink legs) or perhaps a barred Cochin.

3. SilkieChickStar

May 3, 2016
    It is definitely a D'Uccle, or if not a D'uccle some other bantam with feathered legs and feet. You can't see them very well in this photo but he or she has serious foot feathering going on.

4. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Cuckoo Marans and Cochins both have feathered feet. I don't know if D'Uccles come in a barred or cuckoo pattern, I've never seen one (which doesn't mean much). If it's a bantam, I'd guess it's probably a Cochin then (maybe). What kind of comb does it have?

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  5. SilkieChickStar

May 3, 2016
    I am very new to chickens so it is quite possible, though I got them m a very experienced breeder so unless there was a mix up I will see how he or she grows I guess :) I am in Australia also so am not sure if different colours or not.

I did a brief search for cuckoo and d'uccle:

http://forum.backyardpoultry.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7981375&start=15

6. SilkieChickStar

May 3, 2016
    with regards to the comb, there isn't much of one but looks to be a single comb

7. SilkieChickStar

May 3, 2016
    I will add some more pics to see what you think :) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I went onto feathersite and looked at the D'Uccles. It doesn't list cuckoo as an accepted variety, so I'm guessing they're still a project color. They did have some pictures of a pair there, and they're really pretty! I always seem to forget that not everyone here is from the US, and other countries have different standards and color projects going on! So, perhaps it is a cuckoo D'Uccle after all, learn something new everyday :D Now I need to stop looking at them, because I certainly don't need to add anymore breeds to what I've already got going on :oops:

9. SilkieChickStar

May 3, 2016
    Hahaha I was warned it would get addictive - I've already stopped myself from looking at more to get :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by