What Colour Is My Oeg?!?!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by guin lover, Dec 27, 2009.

1. guin lover

guin lover Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2009
    at first i thought BBR, But Now I Think He's Partridge... What Do You Guys Think??
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]
    I Got a close up of his hackles.. they're pencilled, so thats what made me think he was partridge... As you can see, they go orange/yellow at the bottom
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]
    Any Help/ Suggestions Would Be Appreciated. Thanks!!!

2. guin lover

guin lover Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2009
    Oh Yeah, And as You can See, On The Second & last Photo, Some of his Tail Feathers have been Messed Up. Will This Improve?

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Tail feathers may take a molt, or you could pluck them out so that they will regrow.

He looks brown red to me--note the absence of the wing triangle.

4. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I vote with Sonoran... Brown/Red

5. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    yep, brown red. and he a handsome.......but I am sure he already tells you that! LOL.

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:I second that.

7. blackdotte

blackdotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Black Breasted Red is a hobby name for the colour/pattern of a male bird. It is derived from what could be seen when looking down into a cockfighting pit. Red back,black breast. Duckwing, Brown,Wheaten and Birchen males are all described as BBR. All except Birchen have cinnamon brown wing triangles.
    Birchen bred birds have a crow-wing, a black wing triangle, and are known as Brown Reds.
    Whilst all the males look similar the hens all have completely different plumages. The hen for this cock should be basically black with a red in the neck hackle. and a little red on the breast.
    David

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by