What colour is this chick and what will it look like?

Reliablesquirrel

Songster
May 28, 2021
Ireland
Hi everyone, I have a question about a 3 week old chick. He (I think its a he, but I’m still hoping) has unusual colouring, and I’ve been doing a bit of research but I haven’t been able to find a bird with this colouring at 3 weeks. 5 other chicks hatched out with him, and they are all light Sussexes. I think he is probably a mix. So, if anyone knows of any breed with similar colouring, or if you know what he will look like when he’s older, please let me know!
P.S. I forgot to mention this, but he’s a bantam and has lightly feathered legs.
2391105C-AF92-40AE-B94A-DAA99319D984.jpeg
4EB58DCB-981A-4F26-A64A-AF6F1BE51ED6.jpeg

Where did you get him?
and I can confirm that much... he's a cockerel.
Thought so 😔. I’m afraid I don’t know much about where they came from- they were hatched out in a school, and I’m pretty sure the eggs came from someone local. We later found out they were “Light sussexes crossed with bantams”.

Thought so 😔. I’m afraid I don’t know much about where they came from- they were hatched out in a school, and I’m pretty sure the eggs came from someone local. We later found out they were “Light sussexes crossed with bantams”.
So as he gets older, and molts out of his juvenile feathers, you'll be able to tell better what he will look like. The pattern he has right now is quite common, as its juvenile camouflage and lots of breeds chicks look like this.

Could just be a barnyard mix. Especially, if they were hatched in a school. I wouldn't want to give away my best breeder's chick to a bunch of kids.

Back
Top Bottom