What colour/markings are these quail chicks?

Zombie24

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2020
q44#.jpg

(Same chick in both pics above, older in the right photo)

q4.jpg

They are from celadon blue eggs, I am new to keeping quail so the different colours and markings are also new to me. The seller said he had a 'mixture of tuxedos in silver, tibetan, scarlet and pied' ...Their feathers look almost silvery, I'm wondering if they're scarlet??

ddfd.jpg

This one I hatched from eggs from the same seller, my guess was a Tibetan tuxedo.

Thank you for any help! ☺

Last edited:
The bottom is a Rosetta or Tibetan tux. I think the first is Egyptian, the third scalet, and 2 and 4 look like some kind of combo of silver and the roux dilution gene that makes Egyptian and scarlet, but I’m not experienced with silver at all.

The bottom is a Rosetta or Tibetan tux. I think the first is Egyptian, the third scalet, and 2 and 4 look like some kind of combo of silver and the roux dilution gene that makes Egyptian and scarlet, but I’m not experienced with silver at all.

☺ Thank you! I should have said that the photos of the chicks next to each other are of the same bird but a week or so older.

Looks like Scarlet Tux, (Egyptian/Roux over Tibetan/Range), Scarlet, and you’re correct that the adult is a Tibetan Tux. Very cute, I wish I had some scarlets!

View attachment 2368894

View attachment 2368895

They are from celadon blue eggs, I am new to keeping quail so the different colours and markings are also new to me. The seller said he had a 'mixture of tuxedos in silver, tibetan, scarlet and pied' ...Their feathers look almost silvery, I'm wondering if they're scarlet??

View attachment 2368896
This one I hatched from eggs from the same seller, my guess was a Tibetan tuxedo.

Thank you for any help! ☺
I must say, BEAUTIFUL BIRDS!

Looks like Scarlet Tux, (Egyptian/Roux over Tibetan/Range), Scarlet, and you’re correct that the adult is a Tibetan Tux. Very cute, I wish I had some scarlets!
I must say, BEAUTIFUL BIRDS!
Thank you! The one with more colour is developing white feathers under his beak, I wonder if he/she will have white eyebrows too.. I'm hoping they're girls! 🙏

Thank you! The one with more colour is developing white feathers under his beak, I wonder if he/she will have white eyebrows too.. I'm hoping they're girls! 🙏
I’ve only had 1 solid color bird develop white eyebrows, unfortunately they usually seem to fade when the yellow fluff gets replaced. Yours has some tux it seems, so it’s totally possible to develop a sort of masked look, which Ive found is more common than just eyebrows in my birds.

statistically overall, red chicks have a higher chance of being female because a female only needs one copy of the gene to be red, while a male needs 2. Do you know what the parents of the chicks looked like?

Back
Top Bottom