What colour silkies are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Just a Whittle, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Just a Whittle

Just a Whittle Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    What colour would these silkies be considered?

[​IMG]

2. ra

ra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Arkansas
    I HAVE ONE LIKE THAT? CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE SAY![​IMG]

3. Sandbellie

Sandbellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Hmmm I'm not sure.[​IMG] Im curious to see what people say.

4. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    were did you get them are there feet green do they have five toes

5. Just a Whittle

May 10, 2010
    Yes they have 5 toes... or the ones I have inspected all do but one that has five on one foot and four on the other. They are actually just from a lady that has a bunch of silkies that she had go broody on her.... she pretty much gave them to me. (I gave her $20 for her son who helps raise the chickens... she gave me 11 of them)

I think they are gorgeous and I am just hoping to get some hens to be broody for me next year so that we can hatch our own chicks.

I am interested though as they look like splash and there are a few that have a bit of the blue/silver colour to them.

6. Just a Whittle

May 10, 2010
    Oh and yeah they have a greenish black colour to the feet.... except the ones that are mostly black the feet look black too.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  7. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    They look mixed. DO you know what color silkies she had? Are you sure theyre pure?

Id say blue/black and splash mixes. Maybe dark partridge. IDK yet, color changes as they get older

8. Just a Whittle

May 10, 2010
    I am sure they are pure silkie... but no guarantee that they aren't mixed colours. They only have silkies but I don't know which colours they have and I think they probably are mixed colours and that is why I was asking would they be considered splash?

9. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    splash is white with blue or black markings. The lighter chicks look splash.

10. Just a Whittle

May 10, 2010
    Oh well I think they are beautiful! Hopefully I get a few good broody hens out of the batch and it will be worth it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by