What colours are these Belgian D'Uccles and Wyandottes?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MidnightGyps, Dec 18, 2013.

  1. MidnightGyps

    MidnightGyps Out Of The Brooder

    67
    0
    29
    Jan 23, 2013
    I just recently bought a dozen mix of Wyandotte Bantams and Belgian D'Uccle eggs from a local breeder. I am totally new to Wyandottes and owned Belgians years ago until a fox pillaged my coops and murdered my babies. After fox-proofing my coops, I have decided to build up my flock again.

    I have no idea of the colours, and need help with my new chicks that hatched three days ago.

    Out of twelve, I had seven hatch. Four Belgian's and three Wyandottes, mothered by my broody hybrid hen.

    Left: view from top
    Right: view from side

    Wyandotte's:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]


    Belgian's:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    Thanks in advance to anyone who replies to this :)
     
  2. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

    RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

    1,920
    108
    188
    Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Can you call her and ask what varieties she has?
    I'm not familiar with Belgian D'uccles but the Wyandottes *might* be Blue Laced Red splash and Buff.
     
  3. ramirezframing

    ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

    9,119
    302
    306
    Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    [​IMG] I would guess that these are porcelain, but I could be wrong.
     
  4. MidnightGyps

    MidnightGyps Out Of The Brooder

    67
    0
    29
    Jan 23, 2013
    I'm afraid I have tried calling but she won't pick up. She isn't a known breeder and I know she goes to markets to sell.

    I googled all the colours and I was 40% sure that was porcelain. The other 60% was confusion xD

    HINTS/HUNCHES
    I'm pretty sure the whitish Wyandotte is crele, I heard her mention something about that one (she had confusing numbers and letters on the eggs that she could understand, but was impossible for a stranger to decipher). And other two start with 'C'.

    With the Belgians, I think I had a lavender mottle but it was infertile. The next might be Millefleur, it starts with M anyway. And the next start with P so probably Porcelain.
     
  5. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

    RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

    1,920
    108
    188
    Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    I see, well be sure to post more pictures when they start feathering out! ;)
     
  6. MidnightGyps

    MidnightGyps Out Of The Brooder

    67
    0
    29
    Jan 23, 2013
    Will do :) I can't wait until they do.
     
  7. MidnightGyps

    MidnightGyps Out Of The Brooder

    67
    0
    29
    Jan 23, 2013
    Well, they've definitely changed :3 Pictures below, in the same order, same way (left: view from top, right: view from side).

    Wyandotte's:
    -unavailable- [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

    Belgian's:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] -unavailable-
     
  8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

    CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

    7,687
    495
    288
    Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Duccles:
    top ones: mille fleur or golden necks (pure guess)
    bottom ones: porcelain

    For now I haven't got a clue on the wyandottes.
     
  9. MidnightGyps

    MidnightGyps Out Of The Brooder

    67
    0
    29
    Jan 23, 2013
    Two Porcelain and two Mille Fleur for the Duccles.

    Everyone is confused about the Wyandotte's though.. Will have to wait until they are a bit older than :)
     
  10. MidnightGyps

    MidnightGyps Out Of The Brooder

    67
    0
    29
    Jan 23, 2013
    BUMP.

    The bluish Wyandotte has lots of barring now. Will take some pictures when I'm not so busy.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by