1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What companies have Home owners insurance for Farms... ?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickenzoo, Jun 29, 2011.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

What companies have it in FL for farms or hobby farms? I've talked to Farm Bureau but what others are out there?

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

No one ? [​IMG]

3. bunnibird55

bunnibird55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I have Allied in Ohio. Not sure if it is available where you are......I get a discount by belonging to Farm Bureau.

4. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Doop doo doo.. I'm curious too! Someone has to know! [​IMG]

5. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    I didnt know farms had to have different insurance? what for? in case a cow runs off with the coop door? or a silkie attacks the mailman? [​IMG]

6. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Probably for more acerage?? For out-buildings and barns and such? For liability on tractors, horses, ect?
    Guessing!

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

It is encase one of your animals hurts someone, somehow. Many insurance companies will not insure you if you have horses....... and I have a zoo. LOL
    I got a quote from Farm Bureau and they listed all the critters, not as bad as I was thinking, only a few hundred then I pay now for reg..... just wanted to compare.....

8. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
    Google "farm insurance" and you'll get a lot of companies.

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Farm Bureau Insurance ended up being the best i could find.....even with my long list of animals... hehe [​IMG] I told them I hope they didn't charge me per animals...... [​IMG]

10. Jasmine1998

Jasmine1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2010
    Montgomery County
    Try Farm Family Insurance
    http://www.farmfamily.com/

This is who we are switching our insurance to once we have boarders & my sister has a 300 acre vegetable farm insured by them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by