What could be the sex of these baby chicks -- *PICS*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kuntrychick, Oct 27, 2009.

1. kuntrychick

kuntrychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Alabama
    I was wondering if any of you could tell the sex on any of these 2 wk. old chicks. There's 4 of them in all. The mamas are 2 RIRs and not sure who the dad is because we have a RIR roo and an EE roo. To me, they all look like they got a touch of the EE roo in them...lol.

I think they may all be roos because 3 of the 4 have little combs forming and 3 of the 4 (one of them that doesn't have a comb forming) looks to have a little of the rooster tail feathers just a little bit.

The quality isn't very good on the pics because they're with my cell phone, but here goes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one looks like the EE roo is the daddy for sure:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Well, the pictures are pretty small. If they have reddish combs at 2 weeks, rooster is a good bet. They wouldn't be getting in a rooster tail yet. That third one sure looks to have rooster legs, though.

3. kuntrychick

kuntrychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Alabama
    Quote:Thanks. Yeah, sorry for the small pics. All I had handy was my cell phone.

The little combs forming are not red. They are the yellowish color of their beaks right now.

I guess still too early to tell. Man, I don't want to get attached to them for them to end up going to freezer camp....lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by