What could she be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by nancysmith2, Sep 12, 2009.

1. nancysmith2

nancysmith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    I hope it is a she. Supposed to be a gold sex link. I was told they only ordered pullets. She has slightly olive feet that are yellow on the bottom. She was light yellow and white with white wings. Her new feathers are coming in light red. She doesn't have ear muffs. Any idea what she really is? My other EE have muffs. I hope she is not an EE. I wanted sex links
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nancysmith2

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    Oh Wynette, I am such a disappointment when it comes to pictures. I will try again. She is about 2 1/2 wks old.

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Its not a gold sex-linknot with green legs . I would say it might be a EE..

4. nancysmith2

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    Thanks, I saw a pic of a BO cross on this website that looked alot like her. The feet were the same color. Anyone else want to weigh in. Please. There has got to be someone that has an idea. She has no muff at all. Feet are greyish color maybe light olive. Her feathers have very light barring. Hardly noticeable. Thanks, Nancy

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    What kind of comb does it have? If it's a Pea comb, I'd have to say EE.

6. nancysmith2

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    Well, it is hard to tell. I have a RIR, Golden sex link, and a Dominque. All except the Dom, look the same. They are 2-3 wks old. She has very light reddish bars on her wings. Her feet are not as dark as the other EE I have but I am guessing that it may be b/c of her light coloring. I like my EE but I wanted something different.

7. nancysmith2

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    Sorry that made no sense. The combs on 3 of them look the same. The Dom. is different.

8. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    That made perfect sense. I'm not quite sure what she is though (if in fact it is a she). Maybe try again in a couple weeks so we can see the comb better.

9. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Now why wouldnt you want a EE?! EE's are the best!!!

10. nancysmith2

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    I will give it a few weeks and try pics again. I have EE and I love them. I just wanted to try something new. It is so neat to have a variety. Thanks to you all for the help. I love my girls. I hope they are all girls. Oh by the way my other chicks are 5 months and 3 months. When is a good time to introduce the new babies to the big girls. I have been putting the cage in the yard so the big girls can walk around them. How long b/f they can be together?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by