What could these be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by X2Farm, Dec 22, 2010.

1. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    So I picked up a trio this morning. 2 girls and 1 Roo. I know what they were sold to me as, where she got them from... but I'm wondering what yall think they could really be. Seems there is something else mixed in aside from the breed I was told they were.

Pictures aren't the best, but they're in isolation and the pen does not make for easy picture taking!!! They're fairly wild as well
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

are they bantams? not sure of breeds but they look to be a gold laced/ partridge coloring

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The cockerel is a mutt. The black pullet with the laced front is a Black Sex-Link or some other sort of mutt. The brownish red hen with the black double lacing is a hatchery-quality Partridge Rock or Rock cross.

4. BlacksheepCardigans

BlacksheepCardigans Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    Southeast NH
    I don't see mutt. I see hatchery-quality Barnevelders.

5. X2Farm

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Yes they are standard size chickens. Let me correct one thing.. the only one that the lady didn't hatch was the partridge. The other two were hatched out at her farm, and are approx 5-6 months old.

6. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

whatever they are they a very pretty~!

7. X2Farm

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Thank Yal!! [​IMG]

I had figured on the Roo and young pullet being mutts, was just curious as to what yall thought they could be a mix of? The golden laced, has terrific lacing throughout her whole body! I was rather suprised....

They are supposed to be Partridge Rocks. Yes, they are Hatchery quality, MPC, IIRC...

I know the lady had Jersey Giants in her flock, tho she did say she seperated for hatching season at her place. Is it possible thats where the black legs came from? Or could it be some of the darkness on the Partridge girls legs show there's something in her bloodline that isn't supposed to be there, and it was brought out hatching eggs from her? [​IMG]

8. peacockfarmer1

peacockfarmer1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    so these are partiridge rocks

9. X2Farm

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Quote:Nope...well, the brownish hen is the closest example. The other two are not. There's some pictures around BYC of very good quality PPR's though.

10. peacockfarmer1

peacockfarmer1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    i think your right about the mixing with black giants for the black legs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by