What cross combination is it...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ascott1978, May 21, 2008.

1. ascott1978

ascott1978 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Joshua, Tx
    I have a friend with this rooster and we're not able to tell what breed or likely cross breeds are in it. Are there any ideas out there.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Are the legs green? I had one look similiar to that and it was a EE roo. It was a extra they added in my order one year. If not maybe he has some Wyandotte in him???

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  3. agirlnamedrobie

agirlnamedrobie Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2008
    No, His legs arent green.. just the normal orangey yellow color..

4. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Easter Egger Rooster

5. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Orangy yellow? Then you have to be talking about a different bird as those in the picture are not orange or yellow LOL.

If you really are talking about the bird in the picture then its a Easter Egger Roo, aka, mixed breed.

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Quote:Well I can't see the color to great but they look either green or a slate color. They sure don't look orange or yellow in the picture.

7. ascott1978

ascott1978 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Joshua, Tx
    I'm leaning away from EE because there is little to no throat feathers typical of EE and Americanas.

8. agirlnamedrobie

agirlnamedrobie Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2008
    your right, sorry about that.. I was thinking of the hens LOL!! its me thats green haha,, I am still learning.. thank you for all the answers this really helps..

9. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    No tuffs, muffs, or beard, I am saying no to EE. The legs look to be slate, but no clue as to the breeds. I had a rooster like that...I always thought he had barred rock in him due to the slight barring that was on his saddle feathers.

10. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

My second gen EE cross hen has no beard. With a pea-esk comb and willow-ish legs I'd say EE somewhere in there.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by