What crossbreed's are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by loyalchickenfan, Jul 7, 2011.

1. loyalchickenfan

loyalchickenfan New Egg

Jul 7, 2011
    My son is showing these at our county fair in the "home crossbred class" but was wondering if anyone knew what possible crosses they are? We call them our redneck chickens! HeHe![​IMG] Our original 6 came from TSC about 6 years ago. We only have one of those left and it is a black tailed buff Japanese that has never layed an egg or crowed so we are not for sure what it up with it. LOL Hope my pictures help! Thanks! I always love to read this forum but this is my first time posting![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG]

3. loyalchickenfan

loyalchickenfan New Egg

Jul 7, 2011
    Thank you!
    Oops, I forgot to put that they are about 1 1/2 years old.[​IMG]

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    This is very difficult. She has a muff which could be part Easter Egger. Yet some feathering on her legs, part cochin? And I bellieve I see some leghorn in her with the comb and tail. The rooster is colored like a red pyle color. Sorry not much help here.

5. loyalchickenfan

loyalchickenfan New Egg

Jul 7, 2011
    She could be part cochin. We did have some of those running around here but they were darker. We had one named Gretchen that was tan and white checked and looked like a cochin with poofy feathers on her face and legs. She was my son's fave but came up missing one day 2 winters ago. I will post a pic of the roos dad. He died this spring. I just needed to write something on the pen card as to what possible breed.

6. gunnarmcc

gunnarmcc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    SSF, CA
    she seems to be a buff D'Uccle or at least a D'uccle cross of some sort the roo i am not sure sorry

7. loyalchickenfan

loyalchickenfan New Egg

Jul 7, 2011
    Thanks! Wish I could figure out what he is. Oh well, we love them anyway! Thanks for helping out! [​IMG]

8. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    If your hen had feathered legs and beard/muffs, then she was probably a D'Uccle. From your description, Gretchen sounds like she might have been a golden necked D'Uccle. The birds in the pics look like they have D'Uccle in them too. The feathered legs, beard/muffs, build, and single comb are all consistent with the D'Uccle breed. Not sure what they are crossed with though. Japanese would not be out of the realm of possibility though. Love their coloration.

9. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    I'd say they're related to d'uccle or faverolle, both have beards and feathered feet.
    The tail on the hen reminds me of OEG

10. merdock67

merdock67 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2011
    I have no idea or even a guess, but I love the coloring on the roo

oh and [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by