what day to put duck eggs in lockdown?

Pics
hi,
I have 11 runner duck eggs in my incubator, and it is currently day 23 should I put them in lock down today or tomorrow?
I’m just one day ahead of you, day 24 here with some welsh harlequin eggs. I agree with @SilverBirds day 25 should be lock down. The only reason I would do any earlier is if you were to candle and you had some internal pips. I candled this morning and there was a little shadowing in one but that’s all so we should be on track for lock down tomorrow!

I’m just one day ahead of you, day 24 here with some welsh harlequin eggs. I agree with @SilverBirds day 25 should be lock down. The only reason I would do any earlier is if you were to candle and you had some internal pips. I candled this morning and there was a little shadowing in one but that’s all so we should be on track for lock down tomorrow!
I love welsh harlequins! I only had one male before and he was a lot of fun! Post pics when yours hatch too!

What would that look like?
When they internally pip you can see it when you candle, it’s the bill in the air cell. It looks kind of like a triangle in the air cell. I wish I had a pic, I know I have a video but no way to post it, maybe I can get a screen shot.

Are you able to candle? You’ll also know they’ve internally pipped if you hear them chirping.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom