What did I find in my goose's body cavity?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by mominoz, Nov 13, 2016.

1. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    Had a sudden death of one of my show geese and found him right after death (feet still pink, eyes moist, not stiff). I cut him open and liver, gizzard, heart looked as normal as I could tell. Cut gizzzard open, just found some grassy stuff and pebbles and sand. I did notice the gizzard top was yellowy bumpy connection..... I didn't open intestines or get to the upper head and neck.
    But there was this egg yoke colored wrinkley...for the life of me looked like plastic or dried up yoke about 3.5 inches diameter that came out when I pulled everything out .... otherwise he seemed normal. His brother was sitting next to him, but haven't been fighting and no sign or struggle or wound. They were in the pen after being out in pasture today. He was fine a few hours earlier....
    We are in a severe drought,and not much grass left , I wonder if he ate something he shouldn't have or choked.... I did cut the breast meat and leg meat off and am cooling it...I didn't see anything else, no worms, etc...He was 2.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by