What did I just eat?!?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cindiloohoo, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    My husband and I, while visiting Alexandria Louisiana, went to an Italian restaurant called Carino's. I forgot what this dish I had was called, but recreated it tonight in my kitchen, and would like to know what I cooked...lol! It was a pasta base chicken dish. It has artichoke hearts, sun dried tomato, and fresh garlic sauteed in olive oil and the broth left from cooking the chicken, with a little fresh parsley thrown in at the end. The chicken and the vegetable sautee is served over a bed of thin pasta and spinach and topped with chicken. I want to say it was called Chicken Primavera or something along those lines, but then that doesn't sound right. Anybody know? Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    My son, who works at an Italian restaurant, should be here any minute. I'll have him read your post and see if he knows the name of it. [​IMG]

3. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    I don't know, but if in Alec from SW Tenn, you must have passed close to me, did you see me wave?[​IMG]

4. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Hmmmm, am I the only person here that eats Italian food? LOL...anybody?

5. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Yeah, I saw ya..hehe! Anywhere near Helena?

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Pasta and Chicken LooHoo? [​IMG]

7. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Robin'sBrood :

My son, who works at an Italian restaurant, should be here any minute. I'll have him read your post and see if he knows the name of it. [​IMG]

THANKS!! I can't for the life of me remember what it was!!! Senior moment [​IMG]

8. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Spicy Romano Chicken?

9. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Oh, but Columbia S.C. has the BEST little Greek restaurant in THE WORLD...except maybe in Greece [​IMG] Also home of the worst Mexican food though...canned tomato puree as salsa [​IMG] at a restaurant there...I COULD NOT believe they had the word 'authentic' on their menu!! I like the Chicken LooHoo name, might adopt that one...lol!!!

10. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:It wasn't spicy at all. It had a very distinct olive and light tomato flavor. Not heavy flavor at all, but the perfect blend of italian seasonings. All I remember was the ingredients and have had to experiment a few times to get it right. It was a low fat menu item, and not saucy or over the top. Perfect for DH who usually hates Italian food, but I drag him anyway [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by