1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What did I really get?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hannahshatchery, Jul 31, 2013.

1. hannahshatchery

hannahshatchery Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2013
    I bought six pullets from a local lady on Craigslist at six weeks old. This was two weeks ago. She was a bit vague about what they were, she said she thought either RIR/production reds, barred rocks and silver laced wynadottes, all female. I'm thinking that's not quite right. Thoughts? I can get some more pics tomorrow...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  2. hannahshatchery

hannahshatchery Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2013
    [​IMG]

Here they are at six weeks

3. Travchix

Travchix Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2013
    hello im not really sure about the age? i have six week old chicks and there triple the size.

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Non are barred rocks. The black and whites are SLW. The two red and white ones could be red sexlinks.

5. buttercup95

buttercup95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Northern Cali
    At six weeks these chicks should have wing feathers these look younger than my chick that just turned 4 weeks

6. Tricoglossus

Tricoglossus Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Hmm and from that first pic it looks like you might have a few boys there. Sounds like she may have pulled a fast one on you. Well I hope not!

7. HappyHappyHappy

HappyHappyHappy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2013
    hour North of Indy
    yep no way those are anywhere close to six weeks old.. One in the middle looks like my EE did when it was a 3 week old chick. Also I see no barred rocks. possibly Buff Orpington and SLW and EE........

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  8. spikennipper

spikennipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    Looks like you do have a few boys, I can see two pullets the two standing side by side at the back of the first pic the others I am not sure about [​IMG] sorry I can't help on the breeds they may be mixed.

9. buttercup95

buttercup95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Northern Cali
    anybody else think the brown one in the middle resembles a speckled sussix? that'd be a gem. probably mixed though

10. HappyHappyHappy

HappyHappyHappy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2013
    hour North of Indy
    I would Say it looks like MY EE I have a video of it at 3 days colors are close to the same..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by