What did this to Milk? *GRAPHIC PHOTOS*

theOEGBman

Songster
13 Years
Jan 13, 2007
Central California
Well, I believe this is the first post I've made in the Pred section, and Im not happy about it. I guess no one really is though. My mom woke me up this morning and told me something killed my scovy drake, Milk. I live in California, in the Central Valley. We have about a trillion and a half feral cats around here because someone doesnt know the meaning of spay and neuter. I've also seen a fox down the road a few years ago.

58759cca.jpg

ce8c3a19.jpg

Is it possible that a dog might have got him? The reason I ask is because he looks just like my chicken did when a dog got him.

I am so sorry for the loss of Milk....
hugs.gif

Thanks, everyone. Cyn, I loved that darn bird. He was really sweet, even when I got him as a juvie he would follow me all over. Im really going to miss him.

Barnyard, its possible it was a dog. I havent seen any around, but it is possible.

Jordan I'm sorry, it seems we always lose the ones we love the most. Sometimes I think it is because we spend so much time with them they often don't think about predators. I hope you find what did it though, keep your eyes open because now that it found a food source it will be back.

I had some chickens and pigeons with similar injuries before, happens 4 nights in a row.

The culprit was a huge rat. He killed the birds, rip open their neck to get to the grain inside their crop...

Raccoons are notorious for killing poultry and only eating the neck/ crop area. I've had it happen on more than one occasion. Foxes and dogs usually carry off the carcass. Owls, generally behead.

Sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom