What did you do in the garden today?

Sueby

Free Ranging
Apr 23, 2019
CT
Morning all. Not much going on here, need to get a bed ready for the shallots, they'll go in this weekend and the last of the tomatoes will come out.

I need to block off under the littles coop & let them out, hopefully I can get that done today. & then I'll have to get the batteries back in the auto door. I would love it if they didn't get coccidiosis, but I highly doubt I'll be that lucky but it's time to let them out.

jerryse

Free Ranging
11 Years
Feb 21, 2010
Sparland IL
Here is a pic of one of the oak boards stained cherry . Got appointments today so not working on it toady .
DSCN1093.JPG

jerryse

Free Ranging
11 Years
Feb 21, 2010
Sparland IL
So there is a story behind why I started making these headboards . June 2020 I tried to buy some at Menard's in MN . Had to order said 3 weeks . That changed to August then to December . Had to cancel order . So I was going to make them last winter . Health problems prevented this . So in June I found a place that had pine bookcase headboards for $600 . I said no way . So instead of pine or particle board I have hardwood .

Birdsonghill

Songster
Feb 1, 2021
West Tennessee
Absolutely beautiful weather here now! 50 degrees F at nights and about 70 degrees days! I got my old self out and cut down a dead cedar tree and made a few cedar post from it 10 feet long each and weeded the newer plantings of lettuce, kale, turnips, onions, carrots, rutabaga, Chinese cabbages, collards and mustards. They all are loving this weather and looking good! I had about 12 deer in my backyard this morning, cleaning up the last of the pears that fell from the top of a thirty foot tall tree. I was tempted to put one in the refrigerator, but it is a lot of work and my wife would be displeased with me shooting deer in her yard, that is a sanctuary for most wildlife.

Birdsonghill

Songster
Feb 1, 2021
West Tennessee
That's more than aphids on the cabbage! Some organic BT spray and followed by organic pyrethrum or neem will stop the damages, most likely. The holes are like what cabbage moths cause, and there are other possible culprits, all likely controlled with BT and one or both of the other organic approved insecticides. Aphids suck juices from tiny piercings they don't eat holes in the leaves. The bad guys are in the area and the broccoli may be next to be hit. Great looking" haul" photos showing some of your gardens variety this fall. I love zinnias and would not garden without some included!

vall

DIY
Premium Feather Member
Oct 5, 2020
So. Cal.
Yeah, the holes have been there for a while. Been fighting loopers all year. I sprayed with BT and put out sluggo+ because I know there are slugs nearby in the strawberries. The aphids though, I give up. Too many.

I rinsed the first head of broccoli and not a single aphid, yay.

Top Bottom