What did you do in the garden today?

Blackberries
BLECH! You have my sympathies :hugs Im looking at year #2 this year in doing that very thing. My grandparents had one shrub. I never knew what I was getting into. Theirs didnt have thorns either. I really wish I knew what variety it was. However, I have been assured by a professional that there is no such thing as a thornless blackberry that does not run rampant, leading me to believe that my grandparents’ shrub may not have been blackberries after all. Thoughts, anyone?

BLECH! You have my sympathies :hugs Im looking at year #2 this year in doing that very thing. My grandparents had one shrub. I never knew what I was getting into. Theirs didnt have thorns either. I really wish I knew what variety it was. However, I have been assured by a professional that there is no such thing as a thornless blackberry that does not run rampant, leading me to believe that my grandparents’ shrub may not have been blackberries after all. Thoughts, anyone?
Allegedly these were pulled last year, however if this really is what 1 year’s growth can do I suspect witchcraft. 🤣

Allegedly these were pulled last year, however if this really is what 1 year’s growth can do I suspect witchcraft. 🤣
I pulled a root and it just kept going, about 20 feet I think. I was wondering about my sanity at that point. I think it was trying to meet up with my maple. Ive never seen a root like that.

@kalesalad, hello! I haven't seen you here before. :frow

I am waiting for the day that my compost pile is thawed enough that I can shovel it out. It's going to be the start of potting soil for my 'maters, peppers, marigolds, and everything else. That day should be in a week or so; once the snow is off the pile, the sun will warm it up.

Shoveling snow did a little bit to keep my garden muscles from turning to mush... but not much. Expecting some sore arms. But if I'm careful, it's the good kind of sore.

It feels weirdly summer like here today it’s not 8am yet but the temp is already 65F. Picked some collards and spinach thinnings this morning, the spinach is going in my eggs. Today I’m going to try to get the potatoes in the ground and the tomatoes started in the greenhouse.
19C3D8CF-84BE-4D63-87B2-EE9D848D7581.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom