What did you get in rainbow assortment from Cackle??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hooterville, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

Just curious to see what some of you may have recieved in your Cackle rainbow asst.
    I'm getting mine the first week in August~~ [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  2. Hooterville

OOps, Did I make a mistake ordering form Cackle??

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I understand Cackle is a pretty good hatchery...but more people order eactly what they want as opposed to the assortments. Maybe no one has seen the post that has ordered an assortment from them.

I will bump your post up and see if anyone notices and has more info for you. [​IMG]

4. Hooterville

Thanks~you're probably right--hadn't thought of that!
    I wanted the assortment for additional layers and to see what kind of personalities different birds have. (and I like surprises! [​IMG] )

I also ordered welsummers, cuckoo marans, brahmas, cochins and buff orps.
    I'm splitting my order with DD.

I'm excited for them to arrive!

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    The BOs will/should be sweeties I just got 2 babies the other day and they are very friendly. And if your brahma is anything like mine...oh my they are a trip and so fluffy feeling...they get big slower but they get big.

Ours thinks its perfectly acceptable chicken behavior to hang out on the couch and watch TV with you.

[​IMG]

Gets a bit testy and gives you the "evil eyes" when you say Bedtime

[​IMG]

And hopefully you wll get some Wyandottes in the assortment. I just love my SLW...she is my stalker chicken, follws me everywhere. I think Barred Rocks are friendly too. I have a baby Dominque that is real friendly.

Make sure you post pics of them, especially if you are not sure what the babies are.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I hear cackle is ok, but the customer service stinks. Crabby Lady there.

With assortments, you get whatever is left over. They never know how many will hatch of each breed, so after they all hatch and the orders are filled for specific breed chicka, they start filling the assortment orders, so you will never know what you'll get.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by