1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What did your ducks get you for Mothers Day!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by gofasterstripe, May 8, 2011.

1. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I got 2 eggs laid by BamBam & Hermione all wrapped up in hay and leaves. It didnt look like they had been say on but they were covered up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. the duck whisperer

the duck whisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Ohio
    I got my first Black egg from my Cyahuga. Since march they've just been laying blueish ones.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Duck hickies! On my forearms! They loves me so much.

Also a splash from the dishpan of water in their pen - BEFORE I had a chance to empty the mucky water and make it all clean and fresh.

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I got 11 ducklings!!! Lol, my mama scovie hatched them out last night just in time for me to cuddle them [​IMG]

5. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    This is what I got:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

oooh, ducks hikies...nice, Ive had a few on the lip and nose and nearly had my eyes gouged out...its only to prove they love you greyeyes.
    Duck Whisperer, nice, black eggs from your ducks.
    Goat Walker & fattie...you are both blessed this Mothers Day I see. Congratulations

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    My ducks practically gave me a heat stroke for Mother's Day.
    It's been so hot here today that I've spent the afternoon refreshing their water and spraying them with the waterhose while I'm about to pass out from the heat. [​IMG]
    What can you do, though, when you have cute ducky butts like this? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Mine almost gave me heat stroke too LOL I did the same thing, spent too much time out in the heat with the pool and water hose making sure my ducklings kept cool. My grown ducks stayed on the pond all day, they normally spend most of the time foraging around the property with little spurts in the pond but it was just stinking hot today.

My Turkey Hen gave us 6 babies yesterday..well 7, she hatched six of her own eggs and 1 chicken egg Buff Orpington mixed with Cuckoo Maran.

My Husband gave me a Nook Color, love it!!

Michelle

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by