What do baby Pilgrims look like?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by mommagoose, May 2, 2011.

1. mommagoose

mommagoose Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2007
    Harpursville, NY
    Ok, I hatched two baby Pilgrim Geese and they are obviously the same sex BUT which is it? The geese are gray with white edges( under wings and a little yellow on neck and tail. The beaks are spotted like freckles . Are these both males? I think so, too bad if they are. I have 4 more eggs in the incubator but the weather has been really rough and the eggs are not drying down as much as I like. The air cell looks like 3 weeks but they should be pipping in two days [​IMG]. I have removed the water from the incubator completely. The humidity in the house is 49% and we have flooding in the backyard. Hope the goslings do not pip and then drown from the humidity. What a rough weather year so far. The first two hatched goslings were from a different batch of 4 eggs. One egg was not fertile and the other stopped growing at 2 weeks. The babies are soo sweet but I need a couple of girls to go with them.
    Linda

2. stano40

stano40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Southern Maine
    Looks like two males by the description. Female's would be more gray.

bob

3. Rosebud 18

Rosebud 18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    middle Tn
    These are my baby pilgrims. The dark one is female and the lighter one is male.

[​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    If the air cells look like 3 weeks I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have some eggs in the bator that have air cells like a 1-2 week egg that have external pips on the shell.

A picture would help but it's hard to tell when you only have one sex.

5. Sean S.

Sean S. Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    Sidney, NY
    Hello, from up the highway in Sidney. Agree with you 100% on the terrible weather. Can't wait for the April showers (or rain storms in this years weather) to end. New to geese ourselves, we have 4 sebastopols, month and a half old.
    Blow up the raft again for Tuesday and Wednesday! Good luck with the eggs!

6. critterranch

critterranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Red Creek, New York
    Quote:anyone have pics of male and female embdens like this next to each other

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by