What do I do on Day 18

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by New2chickensnky, Jun 1, 2008.

1. New2chickensnky

New2chickensnky Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    Ok guys, I am back , with a new bator and I def. have some chickens ready to hatch as they were moving on day 14 when we did the last candling of them. My question. I see on here a lot of people take them out of the turner on day 18, which is tomorrow for us, is this the right thing to do because I have people here saying they never heard of it and just to turn it off. Which way is the best way? If someone can , please answer me by tomorrow so that I do the right thing, this is further than we have got with hatching and are way too excited about being new parents to these babies.. Thanks to all who give advice , [​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I think you do stop the turning and be patient. Some hatch early and some make you wait. Good luck. What are you hatching?

3. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I would take them out of the turner. It gives them more room in the bator.

4. New2chickensnky

New2chickensnky Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    Thanks to you both..We are hatching RIR and Red Stars.. I think after teh last candling we are down to 36 .. I will keep u all updated... Thanks again..[​IMG]

5. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Im on day 18 as of 6:00pm Sunday (6hrs ago) took them out of the turner and candled all 16 were moving. Kinda hard to tell, but Im pleased with air cell growth also. I placed them on cabinet liners that have the holes in them so the humidity can rise through. Also as I placed them back in the incubator I twisted up some toilet paper and placed it around so the wont roll or be rolled around didnt use but just a little. OK then I added water to crank up the humidity. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by