What do i do with a premature duck still moving in the egg??? Plz plz help :(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by taylohol11, Dec 23, 2012.

1. taylohol11

taylohol11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2012
    We put some of our duck eggs in the incubator 30 days ago. We candeled them after 7 days and ALL of them were fertile they all had a blob that had a massive beak, in them there were veins and we were really happy but now when the 28 days had passed only two of them were hatching but one of them died in the egg because the humidity was down on the incubator but the other one hatched on the 29th day (i'll put some pics up later as he/she is really really cute) he/she is doing fine but no other eggs have hatched. On the 30th day me and my mum were sure none of them would hatch so we cracked open the eggs to see when the ducks had died/weather they were not fertile/ .... Ect. But we cracked one of them open and it was tiny about 1/3 of the size of the duck that hatched but it was MOVING!!!

What should we do i don't really want to kill it so we just left it there and we still hadn't opened the white sack that the duck is in
    PLZ PLZ HELP I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT SHOULD I JUST LEAVE IT TO HATCH AND THEN DIE OR TAKE IT OUT OF THE WHITE SACK AND KILL IT I DON'T KNOW

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Go post this on The Thread Formerly Known as Hatch Day is Today and see if someone there can help out.

I am not a hatcher, but many members who watch that thread are.

[​IMG]

3. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    if it is that far behind in development then there isnt anything to do to save it. I am sorry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by