What do I do with all this poo and eggs?

I'm Rik

Hatching
11 Years
Dec 28, 2008
Merced, CA
It seems that we can have two chickens, but can’t eat the eggs. I suppose we can’t compost the poo and feathers they produce either.

-Rik (the outlaw)

Merced Municipal Code
Chapter 6.04 ANIMAL CONTROL
6.04.080 Livestock and poultry.

G. No person shall keep or maintain livestock or poultry for the purpose of slaughter or for the use of any product associated with the livestock or poultry.

I. No person shall keep or maintain more than two (2) livestock or poultry on any residential lot within the city. (Ord. 1880 § 1 (part), 1994: Ord. 1599 § 1, 1985).

ep.gif
You have GOT to be kidding me !!! So ...... you're supposed to do WHAT with them ? Glad I don't live where you do....I'd be in jail every other day . Just keep doing what you do , don't ask ...don't tell , Right ! Keep a watch out for the chicken police though......
duc.gif

California is known for the "Land of the fruits and nuts", but THAT takes the FRUITcake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol.png

Hey, neighbor
big_smile.png
That's so funny since Merced is one of the biggest agriculture areas in the state. Guess you need to move just outside City limits. Either that or move here. Mariposa County has a special disclosure that must be signed by all land and home purchasers that states this is an agricultural county and if you don't think you'll like the sounds/smells/sights of agriculture, you just shouldn't move here because we won't make it go away.
wink.png

Honestly who goes around and inforces these laws I wonder ? I mean I have way more then I am supposed to. I know many in my area that have many types of birds and that includes peacocks. Which isn't allowed were I am. I don't see them taking time to come to my door and looking. But to be safe I have my hens, pullets hidden from view. I figure I pay alot for my home and nobody has right to tell me what I can own and not own. But that's just me. I'm a outlaw baby
lol.png

I'm in California too btw. I think we are allowed four but right now I have 17 ? I need to go do head count.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the law is mainly for the convienence if someone 8 NEIGHBOR MAKES A COMPLAINT THEN THE law can say , " we have an ordinance".
you are prob safe unless no one complains.
LOL what a wierd law, about the egg s.

Back
Top Bottom