What do I do?

Lovemychickens2020

In the Brooder
May 28, 2020
Ok this is the first time I have had a hen that’s broody and she is currently sitting on eggs they are due to hatch in a day or 2 my question is what do I do when they hatch? I tried to move my broody but she just tried to go back to the nesting box with the rest of the flock so I have her in with the rest of my big girls. Will they hurt the chick? I need help please!

I’m not really sure I’m new at this and have never hatched eggs before so this is kind of a test run for me so the more advice or anything that anyone can tell me will be helpful! I do have a brooder room on the side of my coop I just am not sure how she will act if I put her in there my coop is on the right and the brooder room is on the left

Attachments

• 6E2C59FD-83DC-4B0D-BC51-2136772E88B5.jpeg
    6E2C59FD-83DC-4B0D-BC51-2136772E88B5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
You could take the chicks from her after they dry off and take care of them until all the eggs hatch and then reintroduce her to her chicks in a separate location to keep them safe?
I haven't had any luck keeping chicks alive with other hens around in one of my chicken houses. :(
In another area, I have two fierce Silkie moms taking care of my Cochin Bantams and no one messes with their babies!
What are you thinking would be best? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom