What do I feed the new born duckling and what supplements for stressful/long assisted hatch?

Hatcher1997

Chirping
May 1, 2022
Hello, I have a newborn muscovy chick. I was wondering if I can use the same crumb to feed it as i'm using for chickens? it states its unmedicated but someone also purchased it as it apparently has anti-coccidial properties, others saying they've used it for their ducks and it's fine? I know ducklings eat more than chicks and can overdose if this is the case, could someone check the link for me please? I was also wondering what I can give the newborn chick as it had a very long and stressful assisted hatch and isn't on its feet in the incubator yet. I'm in the uk so don't know what supplements or vitamins im suppose to give it. Thank you.

i've just also purchased some Renasan first aid spray to spray onto its belly button as it was bleeding when it was born but has clotted now, I want to prevent infection so is this okay?

food link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extra-Sele...01DXSJP2O/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

Hello, I have a newborn muscovy chick. I was wondering if I can use the same crumb to feed it as i'm using for chickens? it states its unmedicated but someone also purchased it as it apparently has anti-coccidial properties, others saying they've used it for their ducks and it's fine? I know ducklings eat more than chicks and can overdose if this is the case, could someone check the link for me please? I was also wondering what I can give the newborn chick as it had a very long and stressful assisted hatch and isn't on its feet in the incubator yet. I'm in the uk so don't know what supplements or vitamins im suppose to give it. Thank you.
i've just also purchased some Renasan first aid spray to spray onto its belly button as it was bleeding when it was born but has clotted now, I want to prevent infection so is this okay?

food link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extra-Sele...01DXSJP2O/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

I just got ducklings the other day and I read and friends who have raised ducks have told me that un-medicated chick food is fine, as long as you put brewers yeast or nutritional yeast in there food so they get enough niacin. (Also I’m sorry about your chick! I don’t know what you’re supposed to give it but I hope someone else will be able to help you out!)
2FC5543F-C96E-4F63-BD42-BD9B887C2F4A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom