What do I have here? Chick Pictures!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Bazy, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Bazy

Bazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2014
    Parker, Texas
    I bought 24 hatching eggs from a lady who said (in a nutshell) she has a large flock of Ameraucana hens and THREE LAVENDER ROOSTERS. Some of the hens are also Lavender, so I will get some lavender chicks. All the hens are Ameraucana, bearded and muffed except ONE that lays green eggs. (E

aster egger...why she does not take it out of the breeding pen, I don't know) All the eggs I received were various shades of sky blue, no green eggs, and all the roosters are Lavender Ameraucanas.

This is what I hatched:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Tell me these guys are Lavender? These guys????????

[​IMG][​IMG]

The guy on the right is the only one like him. Penguin.... Penguin again. He came from a very small blue egg

[​IMG]

..and the REST of us! There are 16 in all and I have to decide who to keep (Will Keep five or six and sell the rest..umm soon as Hubby says they are kicked out! Seriously, though I am only keeping 5-6. They are about two weeks old.

Can you tell me what I have? I'm posting here because I am hoping that I have avoided the Easter Egger "Ameraucana" bait and switch. Don't get me wrong, I love them both, but I want Olive Eggers and have Black Copper Marans in the incubator to achieve just that!

Thanks!

Oh...by the way, My Blue Ameraucana 1 year old) (purchased at a premium price went broody on me three days before I got the Marans eggs. I gave her four of them and she has been on them for a week! I'm so worried about her! Taking her little plates of food and putting electrolytes in her water....but my Blue Laced Wyndotte pullet (no eggs, but she is six months) hangs with her all day, shares the nest and her comb and wattle has lightened...I'm worried about them.

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    The coloring is dark in your pictures so I can't really make out the leg colors of the chicks. If the legs are greenish, then you have Easter Eggers. If not, then you may have pure Ameraucanas. You should probably post these (in better lighting if you can) on our What Breed or Gender is This section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this. Good luck.

3. Bazy

Jul 4, 2014
    Parker, Texas
    Thank you! I took your suggestions, and posted on the thread you linked. Thank you for the guidance!
    :)

4. Aronia

Aronia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2014
    St. Catharines, ON
    I think they are BPR.

5. Bazy

Jul 4, 2014
    Parker, Texas
    I have a BPR pullet, and she has yellow feet....all these baby chicks all have chipmunk cheeks and grey-blue feet. I can see where they look like BPR's otherwise, though.

6. Aronia

Aronia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2014
    St. Catharines, ON
    Sorry.

I am not a talented chicken whisperer.

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by