1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what do i have here Millie D'uccles / booted bantams - Hen has no be

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DAFNVA, Jul 10, 2011.

1. DAFNVA

DAFNVA Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2011
    Franklin VA
    My Coop
    whar are these two, i got them from the local TSC day old. There were 4 roo's and one Hen. the hen was the only one who did not have a beard......

2. DAFNVA

Jul 10, 2011
    Franklin VA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

not sure how to load a picture of the two , they are in my file here however.............

3. hokankai

hokankai Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    SW WA
    They're mille fleur d'uccles, they're just hatchery quality and that's why the hen ended up without muffs and a beard. *shrug*

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  4. DAFNVA

Jul 10, 2011
    Franklin VA
    My Coop
    Thank you there Hokankai......
    I thought they were , i was going to get a couple more hens, but wanted to make sure first. looking for any color d'uccle hens if you know of anyone........
    I see you also have millie fleur cochins..... I as well 5 hens two roos and lots of juveniles.........

V/r

Dale

5. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Cute birds! But I also think they are just hatchery quality. Where are you located? I do have chicks available from show quality stock. [​IMG]

6. DAFNVA

Jul 10, 2011
    Franklin VA
    My Coop
    Hi Rob and Kathy,

I am in Virginia. I see you are from Indy. I grew up from just NE of there, Marion and Muncie and in between. lost of family there.

these little D'uccles are sort of hard to comby down here, would be nice to get a couple "show girls" to beef up the genes here. but i am not looking to show them. my primary flock are the millie cochins /calico cohins

V/r

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by