What do I have here?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by glenda in ms, Nov 19, 2010.

1. glenda in ms

glenda in ms Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2010
    Purvis, MS
    We have had these chickens for a couple of months. They all seem to be doing well. I just don't know what kind they are. They are most certainly mutts, but I would like a general direction in what they might be! BTW, I am new here! Love this forum! I don't know how old any of these birds are.

This little girl looks just like her momma (except mamma has a very weird looking comb and is sitting on 5 eggs( Day 18), so theo nly pic I couldget of her was of her trying to peck my eyes out! Little girl and her momma are small chickens. They are half the size of my EE's.
    [​IMG]

This pretty boy is a really good fella! He keeps up with his hens and is so sweet! He will eat out of your hand. He has some feathers on his feet.
    [​IMG]

Here is most of the crew.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Any idea what breed/breeds they are?

Sorry for the low quality pictures; dark dreary day...

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    They look like a barnyard mix of brown leghorns, RIR, maybe Australorps, Silkie (or Polish).

3. glenda in ms

Nov 19, 2010
    Purvis, MS
    Thank you for the reply. One of the red chickens has a muff and a pea comb. The other red one I think may be a rooster. No crowing yet, but its feather pattern looks roostery to me. One hen lays blue eggs and the smaller one lays a small tanish pink egg.

4. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    In your last pic the hen immediately above your roo looks like my bantam easter egger. Does she have greenish colored legs? Mine lays a pretty teal colored egg. And your roo looks alot like my black breasted red old english game boy, except your boys comb is a bit larger [​IMG] Either way [​IMG] and beautiful birds [​IMG]

5. glenda in ms

Nov 19, 2010
    Purvis, MS
    She does have green legs and lays a gorgeous blue egg, a LARGE blue egg, I might add. She is a bit larger than the roo, but smaller than the black chickens. I have so enjoyed these babies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by