What do I have?

Lydibid

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 17, 2011
Ok, So I bought my chicks from the State Fair, and silly me forgot to ask what breed they were...I guess I was too excited to think straight (new chicken owner here!) Anyways, for a while I thought I had leghorns but recently I saw a picture that looks similar to my chicks, and it was of a cornish cross...So fingers crossed these are leghorns because I really only wanted them for eggs, I can't stomach the fact of eating my chickies (yet at least)
109541_img_1532.jpg

o and gender would be great too because I can't tell...
109541_img_1543.jpg

These guys are about 14-16 weeks old

thanks! let me know if these are enough or if you need more detailed pics to tell!

red ears... Not leghorns. They are pretty. I don't think you have to eat them. They look happy in their yard.

how ever, if you can get close up picks of their heads.. Especially the ears... Some one better knowing than I might be able to identify.

Last edited:
Quote:
I just looked up white rocks and they do look similar! if they are then that would be great because then we can have brown eggs!!! thanks for the replies everyone!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I just looked up white rocks and they do look similar! if they are then that would be great because then we can have brown eggs!!! thanks for the replies everyone!
big_smile.png

Yup, if they be red around the "ears"= brown eggs
smile.png

Congrats on being a new chicken owner, beware, they are addicting! Keep 'em dry and fed and watered, and begin building more coops, you'll need them!
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom