What do I look for in a duck boarding facility?

littleduckfl

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 20, 2010
My house sitter is terrified of all birds so I have found a place that will board my duck. It is run by a licensed Avian vet. They told me on the phone that they have indoor facilities for the night and a covered outdoor area with a kiddie pool for the day. I will be going to look at the facility before I board him, what else should I look for? Would I be better off leaving him with the neighbors. I would have to take all his stuff to them because they are elderly and it would be difficult for them. The neighbor does have duck experience as her mom raised Pekins in her basement in Brooklyn. Since I have to transport him elsewhere which would be best?

Me personally, I'd leave him at home with a neighbor or take him to a neighbor who doesn't currently have birds. I think the chances of him picking up an illness would be greater at the boarding facility. The neighbor may not have the experience but yours would be the only duck/s they would be looking after, so they will be more likely to follow your instructions and not leave the care of your animal in the hands of an attendant that is making minimum wage.

Back
Top Bottom