What do people think?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by terrilhb, Apr 5, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Ok so sitting and talking to some people yesterday. And we are discussing taking care of chickens and dogs. I was telling them all involved. They look at me like I am crazy. They say you don't have to do all that. All you have to do is feed them and water them when they need it and nothing else. [​IMG] I ask them about cleaning pens, coops waters and so on. They say as serious as can be you don't need to do that. Just fill them up and let them be. They are animals. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Would not want them to raise any animals or kids.

2. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Do these people actually have chickens???? [​IMG]

3. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    No they do not have any animals. Thank God

4. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Quote:Well that explains it right there just like when my brother gave me advice on how to raise kids when he didn't have any. [​IMG]

5. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    What do people think?

In most cases - they don't!

6. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Well that explains it right there just like when my brother gave me advice on how to raise kids when he didn't have any. [​IMG]

Yep. People love to talk about things they know nothing about, isn't that ridiculous? Back when my coop was being built I had a neighbor stop by and ask why I was building such an "elaborate" coop (elaborate not being fancy mind you, just solid and secure). I told him I knew there were lots of predators, loose dogs, etc. and that I wanted them safe. He laughed at me as if you say "silly newcomer" and said that "chickens don't need coops, they just fly up into the trees at night" [​IMG]

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

<*shaking head*> Amazing. Simply amazing. Like all you have to do is feed and water dogs, too... no poop patrol, no shelter. Glad they're not caring for ANYBODY'S animals.

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Wow,, don't tell them I cook mine spaghetti!

9. SeeMeShiny

SeeMeShiny Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    Quote:Your chickens or your dogs?

We live in a culture where everyone has to have an opinion... and some people's aren't worth the chicken poop we scoop out of our coops.

10. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

I donno if I'd be able to stop from telling them "Well sounds like you outta put in an app over at Hillandale Farms, you follow their business model perfectly"

They might even bother Googling to figure who Hillandale was... and maybe get the point... not likely, but maybe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by