What do the Great Wall of China and my chicken coop have in common?

faeryrose

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 15, 2013
Southeastern Pennsylvania
They're both visible from space! In the most recent Google satellite picture of my farm, the coop is clearly visible. I can even pinpoint the month in which the picture was taken by the position of the run (and the location of two bags of alpaca manure which it took me forever to move...).

What's your satellite picture reveal?

Oh, wow - I didn't think anybody else did that: try to zoom in close enough to see the coop.

Google hasn't updated since I bought the place in 2011. Phooey.
<I><* pressing refresh again*></I>

At my place, you can see the miniature horses in the backyard.
hide.gif

Most of the images on Google Earth are a couple of years or more old. When the website was first launched, a guy in the UK looked for his house whilst at work. He thought that the images were live. He called his wife an angrily demanded to know who was there with her. She told him that she was alone. He responded to the effect that she was not telling the truth because there was a blue car in the drive. The image was taken before they bought the house from people who owned a blue car.

When you see a camera icon on a road, click on it and see a 360 degree photo. of the street. Great fun.

Last edited:
The street view of my parents ' house was taken when my stepmother was bending over to pick something up in the yard... the resulting photo of her bottom is less than flattering.

She's lost a lot of weight since then. I told her it should be her "before" picture.

The street view of my parents ' house was taken when my stepmother was bending over to pick something up in the yard... the resulting photo of her bottom is less than flattering.

She's lost a lot of weight since then. I told her it should be her "before" picture.

That's too funny..hmmm I quess not to her.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom