What do we have here?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by grlzfish2, Nov 8, 2016.

1. grlzfish2

grlzfish2 New Egg

Nov 8, 2016
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Got a few of these juveniles given to me, had many people guess what they might be...everything from Easter eggers, Icelandic, maybe a Cornish cross...no one seems to know! Anyone here seen any like this? [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

Only one image displayed, though it does look like you attempted to post at least one more. The image that does show is not really useful for breed ID for any but the center bird - is that the one you are seeking an ID for? Can you identify the comb type of that bird - it appears to be a single comb, but the photo is somewhat blurry in that area so knowing for sure what comb type is present will play into the breed ID. If there are other birds you want ID'd you will need to post clear photos of each that show the whole bird (tip to tail and legs included) in a side profile and include comb type if it is not clearly shown in the photo.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Looks like a classic barnyard mix to me. Mixed enough no specific breed jumps out.

If it's from a hatchery, it could be a slow broiler/meat bird. Not sure what you all have for those in Canada, Here they're often called Rainbows or Pioneers.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    x2

5. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Anyways......Looks to be one RIR....Barred Rock and a EE......

Cheers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by