What do we have here???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by captainmom, Aug 25, 2010.

1. captainmom

captainmom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2010
    Centralia IL
    I have searched the internet and this site looking for the answer to no avail. I know they are just hatchery birds, I got them in an assorted bantam special, but this is the first time I have ever had anything that looks like these. There are 8 of them, and the pics may not show their color well. They are a smokey tan/grey, some a tad lighter than others, and the spot on the head is larger on some, almost not there on others. I thought the spot meant barring gene, and if so could they be crele? They are now a week old and I know I could wait alittle while and time would tell, but I am still kinda new to this site and thought I would see if the experts here could help. Thanx in advance for all your help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    They might be Old English Game.

3. captainmom

Jun 23, 2010
    Centralia IL
    Ariel301---Thanx for the input. Any idea what color?

4. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    No idea. Mine went through a lot of color changes before settling down to their final color. If I had to guess, I'd say wheaten?

5. captainmom

Jun 23, 2010
    Centralia IL
    Thanx again. I guess I will have to wait. I have never had a wheaten so it will be a first. Now if only I could make time go by faster.....[​IMG]

6. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Quote:That was my guess

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by