1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What do we have here??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Hardemans, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Hardemans

Hardemans Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2014
    Any help here would be appreciated. This bird was in our surprise pack of pullets. He/she is 7 1/2 weeks old. No comb to speak of and is the least friendly of the bunch. She (let's assume pullet) is more bold than the others and will challenge the big chickens for a spot on the top roost. There is another one in the group like her but black. We has a few Faverolles and at first her feathers were identical but no extra toe and now she is shaping up like a long distance runner rather than a sumo wrestler body shape of the Faverolles

What say ye chicken experts out there? Thanks in advance.

The Hardemans

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lithiachick

lithiachick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2014
    I'm gonna make a wild guess and say cubalaya pullet!? Even though, in the one picture it stands like a Roo and isn't very friendly. Knowing where you got her might also help!

3. Hardemans

Hardemans Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2014
    We bought the surprise mix from Ideal Hatcheries.

Thanks

The Hardemans

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    It's a Hen and could be a hatchery type Aseel.

5. lithiachick

lithiachick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2014
    I agree with possibility of an Aseel, especially with the coloring on the neck and head!! Ideal carries the dark aseel and also the cubalayas. Will follow this to see result!! She is a great looking bird, and I would love to have gotten a surprise flock of pullets, if I wasn't set on the Barnvelders!

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Looks like a young cornish, sort of..... (not cornishX or broiler type meat chicken)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by