What do we take to the show??

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by illinichick, May 23, 2008.

1. illinichick

illinichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    SE Il
    It's getting close to the time to decide which pullets will be going to the fair. We are new to this and dont know what would be a good combination. We need to pick 3 pullets and luckily we have an accidental rooster(BR) in the bunch of 25. the pullets are: BR, NHR, BO, Buff Cochin, Partridge rock, Turkens(3 different colors), Golden Campine, Cuckoo Maran,BR, I think thats all. It was a "rainbow Mix" of layers from Orschlens. They were purchased Easter weekend, so they'll be about 3 months old at fair time. I'm about ready to put them in with the "big" girls, (10, BR and NHR) but they are "pickers" and I dont want to ruin the young ones feathers before the fair. Could anyone tell me what a good combination would be for a pen of three? with the BR male?
    thanks for your help.

2. illinichick

Mar 31, 2008
    SE Il
    By the way, this is my DD 4H project/FFA , I just kind of "took" over when I fell in love with them. We currently have 41.[​IMG]

3. illinichick

Mar 31, 2008
    SE Il
    OMG, I just read the post about the Buttercup hen, looked at Feathersite, and realized that I dont have a Golden Campine, she's a Buttercup!! Trying to identify this Rainbow mix will be the death of me!

4. illinichick

Mar 31, 2008
    SE Il
    Some guidance please????

Please don't bump posts.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by