What Do Y'all Think Would Happen if My Black Australorp Roo and Salmon Faverolles Hen Had A Chick?

SEaton611

Chirping
Jun 16, 2019
Midcoast Maine
I know...a little bit about genetics but nothing super super serious, so I'm curious if anyone has any experience crossing Black Australorps with Salmon Faverolles. Ideally, I'd love a fluffy goth bird with the personality of a Faverolles (they're so funny omg) and the laying ability of an Australorp. But I've never actually bred my own chickens and this is just a fun experiment I'm considering. My Australorp rooster is the absolute best rooster in the universe (unless you're a dog...in which case he's not happy about your presence) and has shown some interest in my Faverolles so it doesn't seem impossible for it to happen!

Thoughts?

I know...a little bit about genetics but nothing super super serious, so I'm curious if anyone has any experience crossing Black Australorps with Salmon Faverolles. Ideally, I'd love a fluffy goth bird with the personality of a Faverolles (they're so funny omg) and the laying ability of an Australorp. But I've never actually bred my own chickens and this is just a fun experiment I'm considering. My Australorp rooster is the absolute best rooster in the universe (unless you're a dog...in which case he's not happy about your presence) and has shown some interest in my Faverolles so it doesn't seem impossible for it to happen!

Thoughts?
I currently have a couple eggs in the incubator from my salmon favoril hens and a black austrolop rooster due to hatch in about 8 days

Sorry the reply took so long we had a huge blizzard up here in Montana where I live I lost power and lost most of my baby chicks but today the last little tough guy to survive broke through his egg here's the picture I'll send you another one when he's dry and up and moving

Attachments

• 20201115_091423.jpg
    20201115_091423.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 43
Sorry to hear about your chick loss, @whitewolf1871341 . It's crazy to hear about blizzards since were still getting up to the 70s in the smoky mountains.

If you want to fall down the barnyard-mix genetic rabbit hole: http://kippenjungle.nl/kruisingCQ.html?mgt=&fgt=&

Edit: removed OP's name after realizing this post is over a year old.
Here is a pic from a few mins ago when I got home from work it's so tiny it has a little bit of feathers on its legs and is multi colored

Attachments

• 20201115_232057.jpg
    20201115_232057.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 47

Back
Top Bottom