What do you consider an animal hoarder?

asher

Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire
14 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Mountains of NC
I, personally, feel that it is someone who takes on more animals than they can afford and/or care for appropriately, occasionally due to the fact that they think they are the only ones that can care for them appropriately (ironically enough).

DH and I are debating this because he believes it's anyone with more than 20 animals and he does include farmers in that, which quite frankly, I think is idiotic.

Signed,
Apparent animal hoarder if you ask my husband
roll.png

Yeah... definately have to be some sorta animal horder to have too many animals past what you can afford, take care of and clean up after.

Stacy

Yikes! By his standard, I am a hoarder too!

I agree with you, someone who keeps more animals then they can afford or take care of. When animals are in nasty conditions, underweight, breeding out of control, unhealthy, etc. That is hoarding.

My animals are far from it In fact, many are a bit pudgy, but not obese. They get good quality feed and fresh water twice a day. They get treats a couple of times a week or more. They get social interaction daily. Their bedding is changed weekly. In winter, they have heated buckets, bowls, heat lamps, etc so they always have water. They have plenty of space to move, not overcrowded or cramped.

I feel like the pied piper when walking across my pasture with a line of donkeys, goats and geese in tow!!
big_smile.png

WAAAAHOOO WWWHHHoooooooo

A chance to be on Ashers side
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

However

I will not call her DH an idiot

AH ok he's...a....misinformed.........person!

20 cows in a apartment yep hes right
ep.gif

100 head of whatever mixed livestock on a farm
he's wrong
duc.gif
Nice guy I would bet but off on
this one.

John
old.gif

Quote:
Not so much. And yes, he can be an idiot.
lau.gif
He's definitely not on my good list right now. (Not just about the hoarding comment, though.)

An animal hoarder is somebody who has more animals than they can care for. Most of them dont take them to the vet, dont spay/neuter them, and dont clean up after them. Usually all the time, the animals are sick with upper respiratory infections, and feline leukemia, etc. They let the animals urinate and deficate all over the floor. The house reeks of urine etc. And the hoarders dont see anything wrong with this, they think that they are helping the animals. They keep taking in more and more, and dont spay them, which leads to more animals that they cant take care of.

If you have 10 cats. That is fine. As long as they all are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and you can pay attention to all of them, and keep up with the litterbox changes etc.

We have a lot of critters. Probably a lot more than most people. But all of our critters get the best of care. I wouldn't take them on if I couldn't care for them. I admit sometimes the vet bill can be high but they didn't choose me~~I chose them! Just like having kids. If you can't afford them don't have them!

Quote:
Not so much. And yes, he can be an idiot.
lau.gif
He's definitely not on my good list right now. (Not just about the hoarding comment, though.)

Some how I don't think I would want to be on your bad list!
smile.png

Can anyone say DOG HOUSE tonite
smile.png

hhhmmm if you send him to the dog house will he be counted as one of the 20? lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom