What do you do when you no longer have a place to house your chickens?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Imagica5, May 11, 2011.

1. Imagica5

Imagica5 Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    AZ
    Hi so here is the problem I have a great coop/run/ aviary that is 6 by 12 and 7 feet tall on a concrete patio only place i have but should make for easy rinsing with a raised coop inside and lots of branches and roosts in the aviary BUT my landlord wants me to take it down saying it is too big I have 21 4 to 6 week old chicks now hanging out in my bathroom with nowhere to go outside. Does anyone have any ideas? they are growing fast and I have already gotten rid of 12 from the original 33 but don't want to re-home any more of them if I can help it. they are all bantams except for three. Any ideas would be wonderful!

2. NurseELB

NurseELB Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2008
    Lacey, WA
    Sorry about your difficulties! I'm not too sure how to help, pictures would be a great benefit for us all to come up with ideas...
    Any chance you can make is shorter? Bantys don't need too much head room. [​IMG]

3. Bengalcats1

Bengalcats1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Sounds like you will have to rehome some

4. Imagica5

Imagica5 Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    AZ
    ill see if i can get pics tomorrow I was hoping to house some of my finches, pigeons, doves, and quail out there too [​IMG]

5. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

Folks who rent really should check with their landlords to get approval before building coops/runs on the property.

Gail

6. Bengalcats1

Bengalcats1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Quote:Exactly ! Why do it and THEN find out you can't???

7. NurseELB

Oct 16, 2008
    Lacey, WA
    Quote:Exactly ! Why do it and THEN find out you can't???

That may be, but it's not going to help the OP with the situation they're in now~ let's try to be helpful.

Imagica5~ Any pics yet?

8. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    As someone who once helped managed rental properites I can say I wouldn't have allowed anyone to have that many birds either. We have several renters who had 3 or 4 chickens in nice coops and we were fine with that, but 20+ NEVER! If I knew you had then a in bathroom you'd probably be getting an eviction notice.

9. NurseELB

Oct 16, 2008
    Lacey, WA
    SO NOW THAT Y'ALL HAVE ESTABLISHED YOUR DISAPPROVAL OF THE OP'S CHOICES, let's all go back to being helpful!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hoping we can help!

10. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I actually bought a tent for my BO's that insist on attacking the other chicks. They seem to like their new digs. [​IMG]

This is probably not a good option if you do not have adequate predator control around the tent.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by