What do you do with 12 inches of snow? **PICS**

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HennysMom, Mar 3, 2009.

1. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

You go SLEDDING!! [​IMG]

However - me in my infinite wisdom havent been sledding in YEARS (like - over 10) so...we of course, had to pick the BIGGEST hill behind our house. Uhm... this is what transpired for me.

Nice hill huh? YEP - and you go SUPER FAST too...now reminder - everyone was told to JUMP OFF at the end before they get to the creek...see it at the bottom of the hill there? Uh hmmm..
    [​IMG]

Okay - and there I sit... contemplating "do I really want to do this?"

[​IMG]

My son telling me "Mom - remember to dive off..." *notice the look on my face?* and me thinking "Hmmm...this IS a REALLY steep hill"

[​IMG]

Eh - what the heck - everyone else made it okay...and it does look like fun... WHEE!!

[​IMG]

My thoughts at this moment racing down the hill at Mach 5 speed "Hmm..no one else turned though....uh oh...c'mon turn back around!" *notice where I"m looking....right?*

[​IMG]

Oh Look! I turned! However...it was too late.. I was the only one to end up IN the creek and soaking wet! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will I go sledding again? Yep....it may be another 10 years but it was fun while it lasted - freezing water and all!

[​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG] Hope you didn't get too cold Deb! Looks like you had a great time though. Most of our snow went away this last week- I'm hoping it doesn't come back.

3. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    That looked like such a blast!!

The last time I went sledding with a bunch of friends was about 10 years ago. Someone got the bright idea to drive to a new neighborhood that had this one long crazy hill that had turns in it and everything. As if the turns wouldn't be hard enough to navigate - it was dark and there weren't any lights. One of the turns - if you didn't navigate it successfully, you would end upgoing into the river!!

I went down ONCE... luckily I managed to avoid the river and navigate the turns, but I refused to do it again. Maybe because it was like a 1/2 mile hike back up the hill. [​IMG]

4. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    All right.... get the ruler out....calling that 12 inches of snow is a stretch:lol:

5. HennysMom

Nope - we measured..we got 11.5 inches here [​IMG] Those were taken while the sun was shining so we did have SOME of it melt [​IMG] it was above my boots - these pics look deceiving.. but trust me - try walking back UP that hill [​IMG] it felt like 2 feet of snow at that point!

We got hammered with this snow storm - most got 6 inches... here..we got 11.5.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  6. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    Around here even the weather people like to stretch the truth when it comes to snowfall.... Or maybe we being from Vermont underestimate it. This last ice storm we had we got about and inch of snow befor it turned to freezing rain and all the local weather people where calling it 5 inches.

Walking up the hill? You need snowmobiles. We moved south 6 years ago and we still own two snowmobiles in case of the occasional emergency sledding trip. They are great for packing the trail and riding back to the top of the hill:lol:

7. HennysMom

I dont trust the weathermen/women - which is why I measure [​IMG] Looks deceiving in the picture but it is 11.5 inches, no stretching the truth here. [​IMG]

Oh no - snow mobiles, nope...would rather walk it, or have DH drag me up the hill with the rope tied to the sled LOL! [​IMG]

Now of course, we're supposed to be in the mid 60's later this week... ahhh.. this weather is nuts!

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    that looks like a blast. well, except for the 'soaking wet' part! [​IMG]

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:I'm jealous. I want weather in the 60's. Things here have been in the 20's to 30's for lows and 40 approching 50 for highs. I'm hoping it holds for all of my egg orders this week.

I haven't been sledding in so long Deb! Maybe next winter I'll drag my boys out and do just that.

10. HennysMom

You can come here Jared... we got the perfect hill LOL!

then when DH gets tired of pulling me up the hill - you can do it ROFL!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by