1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

What do you do with a sick to the tummy feeling

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by SarahFair, May 16, 2010.

1. SarahFair

SarahFair Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Over something that happend? Its 4 hrs past my bedtime and something happend today (that I dont really want to go into) and its bothering me so much my tummy hurts. I havent felt this way since I was a little girl and saw something I shouldnt have and it bothered me for weeks when I would try to sleep until I told my mom..

What do you do when youre an adult?
    My stomach has just been kinda tossing all day over it and I dont know what to do

2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

tell your best friend? tell a stranger?? Write a diary or blog?? Go for a drive??

Whiskey is good sometimes, so long as you remember that the feeling is only temporary...

3. SarahFair

SarahFair Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    My best friend (my SO) was there with me when it happend and he feels the same way I do but he can sleep with anything..
    I told his brother too but I still dont feel better about it. [​IMG]

Ive been driving Ive been with family... I just cant get it out of my head [​IMG]

4. cassie

cassie Crowing

Mar 19, 2009
    Milk toast is an old standby comfort food. Make some toast. Put butter, sugar and cinnamon on it, put it in a bowl and pour some hot milk over it.

5. TwistedSerpent

TwistedSerpent Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    Do whatever it takes to comfort yourself, everyone has something that relaxes and soothes them deeper then anything else. Some escape mentally or physically, others need to vent it out through a medium such as art. Personally I love music, and there are songs that match whatever mood I'm in and I find are both a release and an escape and it works wonderfully.

Just do whatever it takes to take care of yourself and everything will work out.

6. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Songster

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    deep, calming breathing done in time to a little uplifting chant in your head, to clear your thoughts.

exercise.

reading a really good book.

screaming someplace where other people can't hear you.

it's different for everyone... good luck, i hope you feel better.

7. SarahFair

SarahFair Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I just kinda want to bawl my eyes out but then my face will sting, my nose will be all runny for ever, and I dont like the wet feeling on my face
    [​IMG]

8. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Songster

Jan 10, 2010
    You may not have the ability to talk to someone right now but it might help you to write it all down. It is a venting process and helps you put your thoughts into words and begins to allow your mind to get wrapped around and move on from what it was that you saw.
    Hope it helps

9. SarahFair

SarahFair Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I wrote it to someone on another forum and I do feel a little better because I know they will not judge.

10. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Songster

Jan 10, 2010
    Quote:Well I hope that helps. Seeing something traumatic is hard on people in different ways. Some act out, some shut down, some eat or smoke or whatever lol...
    My father got cancer when I was 14. I was a small hick kid from the middle of nowhere Texas and had to move to Houston to take care of my dad while he had radiation treatments.
    Bored and watching tv here and always have an open ear to listen.
    Hope you get to sleep soon.
    John

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by