What do you do with your leftover Thanksgiving turkey?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by cupman, Nov 18, 2011.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I'm anticipating a lot of leftovers and the two main things I love to do with them are turkey omelettes and turkey sandwiches. No lunch like a turkey sandwich on white bread with a light amount of mayo and a hint of dijon. I'm looking forward to it already.

What are some things you do with your leftover turkey?

2. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    Just plain leftovers, then turkey sandwiches, then soups.

Love turkey! We had our Thanksgiving in October. I wish I had made a bigger turkey, as leftovers were gobbled up before soup got made!

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I like to make turkey ala king, and you pour that over some mashed potatoes or some nice warm bisquits! Delicious!

4. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Grind it up and make turkey sandwich spread, add onions and relish and such.... yum!

5. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    We never have turkey.

When we get 6 turkey points Via Ingles, We Donate it to the homeless shelter

6. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I anticipate turkey sandwiches all year and would rather have the sandwiches from the cold turkey than the fresh out of the oven bird. I like mine on homemade white bread, Miracle Whip, hot pepper butter, sweet onions, iceberg lettuce. Cut in half, not diagonally. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

But...I have a large family and, even with a 22 lb. bird~ rarely ever get any leftovers anymore. Dang it. [​IMG]

7. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    The first day or two we heat up a plate with turkey and all the trimmings in the microwave....

Then we have sandwiches on homemade bread.....

If there is any turkey leftover after that I make a pot of turkey gumbo....

8. Chicks & Guineas

Chicks & Guineas Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2011
    Huge pot of turkey vegetable soup, freeze it in mason jars for easy instant lunches and suppers.

9. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Don't forget to make some turkey pot pies! YUMMY!

10. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Turkey enchiladas. [​IMG] I will be going to mother in laws so no leftovers for me. I bought my own turkey and plan on cooking it sometime here soon, just so I can have turkey sandwiches, enchiladas, turkey with noodles, etc. All the good stuff. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by