what do you duck and turkey owners do with them?

Justino

♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
im just curious, but do you guys eat duck and turkey eggs?
do they lay everyday or what?
how big are the eggs?

thanks!

I shot this for some thread, last year, about f**t eggs/cock eggs/etc.

Cockegg2.jpg

L to R: Royal Palm turkey egg, Red Sex Link hen (maybe a hen - has spurs and crows with the rooster) cock-egg , Black Sex link egg,
store bought whitey.

Sorry, no ducks here.

Turks lay seasonally (and the eggs are tasty - if you drop the egg the shells are often tough enough to go rolling away instead of cracking).

I'm sure the `quackers' will be here to represent soon, cause this turkey can't do it for `em.

Duck eggs are great for eating and prized by chefs world wide, because of the quality pastry they can produce with them.

Some breeds of duck are egg a day birds and others not. Eggs from mine are about 1.7 times larger than a large chicken egg.

I would say the 1.7 times larger is about right. I have both Rouens and White Golden Hybrids from Metzer Farms. The WGH's give me an egg a day and have been for about 3 months now. The Rouens have been laying for about 2 months and one has been hit or miss.

I have converted a few folks to duck eggs since they have a richer flaver and larger yolk. The fans who like fried eggs will become loyal converts. And as stated earlier makes for richer baked goods.

The biggest problem is wanting to eat more because they taste so good.

Mond you, I have both ducks and chickes so I compare the flavers and qualities side by side regularly.

Turkey eggs taste just like chicken eggs to me.

I'm not real fond of duck eggs straight but in baking stuff they are better by far.

My ducks (the runners) have just started laying. Right now I'm getting 3 eggs a day.. We eat them as we would chicken eggs, and I'm happy to have fresh duck eggs to use for baking... Don't have turkeys YET....

No turkey eggs yet for me this year, still waiting for my hen to start, but usually I do not eat them, every egg I get goes in the bator or under a broody hen.
I do not like the taste of the turkey eggs, their eggs are udderly tasteless. I can always tell when mom makes scrambled eggs out of a turkey egg, it just tastes so ...........
hmm.png

Also I get really sick from eating turkey eggs, dunno why, I can eat like 3-4 duck eggs without a problem, after half a turkey egg I am ready to throw up.

Duck eggs are the way to go if you want a nice tasty egg, same with guinea eggs, yummy.

thank you guys! ive been wonderin this for quite a while now but now i know
lol.png

I enjoy them!! LOL I put all my turkey eggs in the bator as well guineas arn't yet fertil as far as I can tell so they are just lyaing on the counter. C

Back
Top Bottom